The development and enhancement of nature areas in cities is a response to the challenges of climate change. Nature, beyond its heritage aspect (biodiversity, landscape), brings many benefits to urban areas.
As part of the Nature for City LIFE project, the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur Region, the project leader, has set up four free training modules for elected officials at the municipal, metropolitan, departmental and regional levels in the three metropolitan areas of Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur (Aix-Marseille-Provence, Toulon-Provence-Méditerranée and Nice-Côte d'Azur). Thus, the Nature for City LIFE project invites elected officials to include the issues of nature in the city on their territory with the Nature For City Life! training program.
These four training modules will enable them to discover the levers offered by nature in the city : preservation of biodiversity, urban cooling, stormwater management, health and well-being, sustainable food, etc., in order to meet the challenges of climate change in the South.
- Module A [indoor] : 1 hour to discover and act on "Nature in the city and climate change: state of play, possible solutions
- Module B [in the field] : Field visits to discover concrete achievements around nature in the city to adapt to climate change
- Module C [indoor] : Lunch workshop "Nature in the city and adaptation in my community
- Module D [indoor] : In-depth workshop "Nature-based solutions
Find in the Nature for City LIFE training booklet ( le livret de formation Nature for City LIFE) the content of these four rich and tailor-made modules, attached to inspire you with new experiences on nature in the city for the cities of Miramas and Avignon :
- June 03, 2022 in Miramas : Module C - Nature in the city and adaptation to climate change : feedback and sharing of experiences
- June 15, 2022 in Avignon : Module B - "Special schoolyard" visit
- July 01, 2022 in Miramas : Module D - Raising awareness of elected officials to nature in the city and ecological management of green spaces
All the reports of the field visits can be consulted in the section Actions/C3 Mobilization - Training of city designers, elected officials, technicians of communities/ C3.2 Theoretical training of elected officials